Thinking of Buying Your First Home?
Posted by email@example.com on
As rents continue to rise, experts are predicting 2015 will be the year of first-time homeowners. At Century 21 Town & Country Realty we’ve seen the increasing interest in real estate in South Jersey first hand. Have you decided to take the plunge? Congratulations! Homeownership is exciting but can also be a little daunting. Here are a few steps to take before you start scouring the market:
- Determine What You’re Looking For: Are you interested in a condo or a single family home? Is the school district a factor? Are you willing to invest in a fixer-upper? Narrow down the type of home, features and location to get a clear picture of what suits your needs.
- Check Your Credit: Prior to house hunting, check your credit score. Make sure the details on your credit report are accurate and remedy any problems. You’ll need good credit to qualify for a mortgage and it could take a few months to get things in order should an issue arise.
- Figure out Your Finances: This may seem obvious, but it can be heartbreaking to find the home of your dreams only to realize you can’t swing it financially. Sit down and evaluate your finances. Be sure to factor in mortgage payments, property taxes, homeowners insurance, repairs and other costs.
- Get Pre-Qualified for A Mortgage: Before you formally apply for a mortgage, a lender can assess your eligibility and credit-worthiness through a pre-qualification process. You’ll learn how much you can afford and it will help in the negotiating process.
- Find a REALTOR®: A REALTOR® is an expert in the market and can easily aid you in finding potential homes that fit your requirements, as well as guide you through the purchase. As real estate agents in Gloucester and Salem Counties we know the neighborhoods and will be your partner during the entire process.
Buying your first home is a big decision and preparation is key. Contact Century 21 Town & Country Realty to start searching for your dream home in South Jersey today.